If you are looking for a quiet, peaceful place to call home, then look no further than the lovely Walnut Creek community of Rossmoor. Located in the gorgeous Tice Valley, this 2,200 acre community is located a mere 2 miles from Walnut Creek, making it a perfect place to settle for those who prefer an active, outdoorsy lifestyle.
Want to know more about Rossmoor? Here are some interesting facts about the area:
- The area was first settled over 500 years ago by Saklan Indians, who were thought to have come from Asia over the Bering Sea.
- The community of Rossmoor was named for Ross Cortese, a Glendale resident who bought the estate in 1960, and went on to build several retirement communities in Rossmoor, Long Beach, and Laguna Hills.
- The first residents came to live in the Rossmoor retirement community in 1964, and today there are over 9,500 residents and 6,500 homes.
- Rossmoor is the perfect place to keep active seniors busy – with 27 holes of golf, multiple tennis courts, lawn bowling greens, swimming pools, and many miles of hiking trails. On blustery and rainy days there are five clubhouses to enjoy, all with regularly scheduled activities including painting, music, billiards, and photography.
- Residents of Rossmoor can join as many as 200 clubs and organizations that cover a range of interests, hobbies, and services.
- Rossmoor residents enjoy 24-hour security, bus services, a nearby medical center, and public safety assistance. Seniors can live comfortably and enjoy a range of activities, including landscaping and gardening the exteriors of their beautiful homes.
- The Rossmoor Recreation Department regularly puts on events for seniors, including movies, bingo, concerts, cooking classes, and special events.
- A dance is held every fourth Sunday for seniors, including drinks and door prizes. Each dance focuses on various styles like the fox trot, cha-cha, and West Coast swing.
- Rossmoor has a variety of housing options: single-family homes, condominiums, and cooperatives. There is something for every budget.
- The area has an abundance of wildlife: wild turkeys, deer, squirrels, geese, woodpeckers, coyotes, and many varieties of birds. The opportunities for viewing nature in its full splendour are endless.
Interested in living in Rossmoor? The community and surrounding Walnut Creek area is a perfect place to settle for your golden years.