For those of you seeking to keep your home and add some financial value now, you want to consider home upgrades. There are many improvements you can make to your home or condo that are cost effective yet add tremendous value to what your home may be worth in the future.
Here are my top 5 ways to add value to your home in 2015;
- Paint the white walls away. Not only does this make your home look and feel upgraded in lifestyle, but it is cost effective. Normally a large room only costs $65 to paint.
- Crown molding makes adds charm and value to a home. You can do this upgrade yourself in a single afternoon for about $120 per room. Here’s a link to get you started: http://www.canamould.com/
- Use durable floor paint to add a design to a floor! Yes, floor paint (costs about $75 per room) can help update your home’s style without the expense of adding in new, costly floors. Plus, it still adds value to the home as the floors are hand painted.
- Divide and conquer with improved landscaping for added curb appeal. By dividing perennials every three to six years, you are thinning clump-forming varieties. You can replant these types of flowers around the outside of your home to create long lasting beds in front of back of the house and at no added cost to you.
- Put Down a fresh bead of caulk in the bathroom and kitchen. Caulk is cheap, and applying it isn’t difficult. All you need is an hour, a few common tools, and materials easily found at any hardware store. The cost is about $10 per room and the fresh caulk makes people believe you recently refinished your bathroom and/ or kitchen (thus adding value).